Jamie over at The Perpetual Page Turner is once again hosting the Best of Reading.
I didn't get nearly enough reading done to actually participate in this best of wrap up, but here it is anyway...
Best of Reading in 20151. Best Book You Read In 2015?
So many books, 23 to be exact, it make it difficult for me to choose, but if I must All the Light We cannot See, Anthony Doer. A wonderful book.
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
As you may recall, I'm the mother of a Canadian Author, so I always feel a duty to read Canadian author works, WELL I'm sorry to say this book just didn't meet my expectations, I abandoned it early on in the book, just couldn't get into it, since I feel like I lived it myself. The book was They Left us Everything, Plum Johnson.
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read in 2015?
I don't often read chick lit, which is what I would have classified this book as, but I did enjoy it, it was a little bit of relax for me, I didn't get to the beach so I lived through the characters of this book, The Girls of August, Anne Rivers Siddon.
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did) In 2015?
Garden Spells, Sarah Addison Allen, it the book I pushed, I just really enjoyed the quirky characters.
5. Best series you started in 2015? Best Sequel of 2015? Best Series Ender of 2015?
I don't read too many series, and this year was no exception.
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2015?
Most of the books I read this year were written by new to me authors, but I really enjoyed Fiona McFarlane
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
I didn't stray from my comfort zone this year, just relaxed and read comfortably.
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
I don't know if I'd say it was action packed, but I couldn't put it down The Night Guest, Fiona McFarlane.
9. Book You Read In 2015 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
None, life is too short to not head out to another reading adventure.
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2015?
That would have to be The Girls of August, I'm still trying to get to a beach to read.
11. Most memorable character of 2015?
Uncle Etienne, from The Light we Cannot See.
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2015?
Too hard to choose.
13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2015?
Heavenly Army of Angels, Penny and Bob Lord, my faith journey continues, I had no idea I didn't know any of these things in this book. Clearly religion class does not cover enough.
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2015 to finally read?
No one book in particular, I didn't read too many books this year, I'm just so slow, but I am enjoying reading, and am glad I read different authors each time.
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2015?
I don't recall the words exactly, but my favorite part from a book was from Norwegian by Night, Sheldon, thinking, while listening at the door, someone asking for help, and he thinking he should not get involved, and recalling that while Gestapo did so much during a horrible time in history, no one got involved either, and so he opens the door.
16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2015?
The Shortest book I have read this year, Everything I Need to Know About Christmas, I learned From a Little Golden Book, Diane Muldrow and the longest, Red Tent, Anita Diamant , perhaps not the longest in pages, but the longest to get through as I needed to keep checking who's who with a family tree at the front.
17. Book That Shocked You The Most
The Red Tent, was an eye opener for me, but the Light We Cannot See was very Shocking too.
18. OTP of the Year
19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
Sheldon and the boy, in Norwegian by Night, is the most endearing relationship.
20. Favorite Book You Read in 2015 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
Garden Spells, as usual Sarah Addison Allen doesn't disappoint.
21. Best Book You Read In 2015 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:
Heavenly Army of Angels, a good book, I learned alot.
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2015?
Well that would have to be Peter Pan, from Tiger Lilly. Although this is not a new crush.
23. Best 2015 debut you read?
Norwegian by Night, Derek B. Miller
24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
Avalon Ladies Scrapbooking Society, Darien Gee
26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2015?
The Night Guest, The Language of flowers, Piece of My Heart, Everything I never Told you, and I could go on... I cry easily, I was just thinking this today, perhaps I need to dry up.
27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?
Tiger Lily, Jodi Lynn Anderson
28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
The Language of Flowers
29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2015?
The Night Guest, this book was also a recomendation from a friend, from far away Australia, thank you Annie.
30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
The Language of Flowers, I really hate to think about homes for children, and the abuse they suffer in foster care.
This years challenge will have to be to read more... and e books seem to be the option for me, I'm getting pretty good and remembering to charge up, and they don't weigh nearly as much as the hardcovers I like to buy. Happy reading.