Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Teaser Tuesday...Just Grace

WELL! my first book of 2015 is a little story about Just Grace,Charise Mericle Harper.  Over the holidays I noticed my little grand nieces reading books that I feel are a little mature for them, and me always fearing they'll stop reading because they just won't get it! decided to investigate books for young girls.  The Just Grace books were reviewed on one of the blogs I follow, I think, Bermudaonion
if not sorry I don't remember, and my note taking is somewhat careless.  So my Teaser Tuesday is as follows, I certainly can relate to this...

I did not get to be a singing and dancing corncob in the Thanksgiving play because I was the only girl tall enough to fit into the tree costume who didn't cry real boo -hoo baby tears when she was asked, "Could you please not be a corncob, because what we really, really need is a tree and we already have way more than enough corncobs."

Teaser Tuesday is hosted by Should be Reading.

I always hoped to pick books that young readers/my kids would associate with, and while I love me a good scary read, learning a lesson is always a good thing, even at my advanced years.   I'm sure people on the bus wondered why I was reading Just Grace. 

Happy Reading

3 comments:

fredamans said...

I think I have this one on my Kindle. :-)

kayerj said...

this sounds like a perfect book for my grand daughters. Thanks for the tip.

Jenny said...

Haaahahaha that sounds funny. It won't be long before my Allissa will enjoy such a book, dear Irene. I love introducing her to books, as she loves to read. xoxo

Happy Birthday

Happy birthday to my wonderful son,  it's bee 33wonderful years. Hope this year proves to be the best yet.