Thursday, December 4, 2014

I'm back!

Well I've been out of commission, or should I say, no computer.  I'd forgotten how much I did everyday on the web.

Finished reading  Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children.
I loved the collection of photos included in the book, and the text itself was also a fun read.  Reminded me of XMen.  I read this book as part of my War Through the Generations Challenge, WWII.

This book deals with grief, uniqueness, family, foreign entities and WAR.  Although the war is a little part of the storyline it is nonetheless a backdrop.  I loved Jacob and Emma and their relationship.

I was just getting past the description of the creatures roaming the world, when on the bus... I could not stop looking at this man with his eyes way up in his eye sockets and they didn't move, he didn't seem to be visually challenged, but?

A very interesting concept, with magical characters set in a difficult time.  I'm not big on time travel books, so when this started to go that way I almost quit reading, but am so  glad I continued.  I shall certainly look at old photos in a different light from now on.

Up next I kill the Mockingbird.

8 comments:

Vicki said...

I've been wondering where you were,
glad you're back!

I've got both of those books on my tbr list. I may actually get to them one day!

Annie said...

interesting book...
hope it hasn't been too cold there just yet...
bad luck to be without a computer!

fredamans said...

Welcome back!
I loved Miss Peregrine's... great stuff!

Nise' said...

Glad you are back! I hope you enjoy I Kill The Mockingbird as much as I did.

Margaret @ BooksPlease said...

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children sounds fascinating and one I'd like - I'll check the library catalogue.

bermudaonion said...

I thought this book was entertaining but didn't love it the way some people have.

Glad you're back!

Anna said...

Welcome back! This book has been sitting on my shelves for what seems like forever. You've made me want to dig it out and finally read it.

Jenny said...

This sounds like I book I'd enjoy, especially if it has to do with WWII and old photos. I hope your fellow rider wasn't having some sort of medical crisis, dear Irene. xoxo

Happy Birthday

Happy birthday to my wonderful son,  it's bee 33wonderful years. Hope this year proves to be the best yet.