Wednesday, August 13, 2014

I know what's wrong with the Healthcare system...


I don't watch a lot of daytime television, or at least I didn't until I had a baby.  When my DANiel was born and I tried desperately to nurse him, with great difficulty, the Doctor told me to watch something while he nursed so I would relax.  Well, as a result I started to watch General Hospital,  I did watch it occasionally when I needed to crash in the middle of the day, but after DANiel I got hooked.  I do miss it, often, because there are more important things to do,  but, today I had and epiphany, there was this scene, a gynecologist and lab tech sitting at the desk talking about a 3way sexual encounter of the same sex kind.  WHY do they have time to do this, discuss it I mean.  Aren't there people, sick people in the waiting room?  I'm sure there are.  So yes, General Hospital deals with some significant social issues, and they have Luke and Laura,  (never did like Luke, still don't), (hate how they glossed over Luke raping Laura,)  I like the idea of a prince in the picture, Prince Nicolas  and cops that have time to run to their wives rescue. (not my cop) But the infidelity, while all Hollywood style, is out there. I mean really.  There some strange scenarios, clearly they have a great system, no one dies and if you do, they'll bring you back, better than ever.  The Doctors are the best in the world, they have lots of time to get involved in your life, and never lose a patient.  So next time I have a health crisis, I want to go to General Hospital, l'd like Dr. Drake to look after me, even if I don't need a neurosurgeon,  even if I get shot by the local mob boss, SAVE ME PATRICK , and then I'll have your baby. Do you get it, if our health care system resembled the fictitious one we'd be laughing all the way to the Emergency room.

2 comments:

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

General Hospital and One Life To Live. Never missed an episode back in the day before VCR's and DVD's... I planned my whole day around those two hours! haha. thanks for the trip down memory lane.

Jenny said...

Ah, these are the kinds of posts that keep me coming back to Irene's Desk, Dear Irene. My sister and I used to watch General Hospital when we got home from school every day. I'm talking about the mid '60s. That was when Dr. Hardy ruled the roost and my own daughter Audrey is named after beautiful blond-haired Nurse Audrey. Then I watched it again very briefly in the early '80s when Luke and Laura got together. Are you telling me they are STILL on that show? Like, wouldn't they be about 70 now? Odd, that. Anyway, I've got no stomach for that type of thing now. Daytime TV as a rule makes me cringe. But I'm sure if I sat down to watch it every day for a week, I'd be hooked too. Sounds like their lives are one continual miracle. xoxo

Happy Birthday

Happy birthday to my wonderful son,  it's bee 33wonderful years. Hope this year proves to be the best yet.