Monday, June 2, 2014

It's Monday what are your reading? &Still Just Thinking...

I finished The White Giraffe, YA book.  It was a lovely story.  I love when young people get to do outrageously heroic acts, with wonderful animals.

I found the first part of the book when Martine lost her parents, extremely sad, and yet somehow the author did say in the first few pages how something really horrible can turn to be something really good, and that was encouraging.  I know a child could not possibly adjust to the death of parents as quickly as Martine did, but how encouraging that the love of an animal could make her feel better.   This book has everything, mystery, magic, and all at an animal reserve in exotic Africa.  An nice little story suitable for young adults as young as 10 and as old as me.

Up next:  Tell the Wolves I'm Home. The second book of my What an Animal Reading

Just thinking...

O Holy Night...

Oh come let us Adore Him

4 comments:

Vicki said...

Sounds like a book I'd enjoy, and I love the cover.

I just looked up Tell the Wolves I'm Home and it looks really good. I've added it to my library "want to read" list.

Margaret @ BooksPlease said...

This sounds like really heart warming book - magic and mystery too.

Nise' said...

I like books like this too. Tell The Wolves I'm Home is a good book.

Jenny said...

Only six months till Christmas, dear Irene! And O Holy Night is my favorite Christmas hymn. Also I agree, animals are magical. xoxo

Happy Birthday

Happy birthday to my wonderful son,  it's bee 33wonderful years. Hope this year proves to be the best yet.