Sunday, March 30, 2014

Sunday Salon...

I'd love to use some of my antique shoe forms for feet on a piece of furniture, what'd ya think? my instructor is a real "restoration" and keeping things "proper" kinda guy, I'm sure he goes home and has a nervous breakdown when I do these things, but ya gotta have some fun and none of the things I own are all that valuable or historically significant...
Sunday Salon finds me "COLD" it's promising to snow again.  REALLY!
I'm not into any book just yet, but I'm taking my e reader to Chapters today and getting one of those geeks to load me up.  I don't know what my boy did but I can't seem to do it.  It keeps giving me some silly message.  I'm not so computer unsavy and I've done it before. So what happened?  no idea.  I'm sure they'll try to sell me an all new improved version.  I have to say this is one of the purchases I have not made wisely.  It's just not my bag.  But it is read an e book month.

What's on tap today?  Chicken and potatoes.  more sorting through stuff and de-cluttering.  I'm not very good at that.  I've gotten a hemorrhoid seat ready for my next princess chair, but I do need to repair legs on this one, so we'll see.  I'm back to furniture refinishing on Tues and Thurs.  hopefully S. Vincent's bed frame will get together, the desk should come home this week too.  I'm anxious to see how he'll fit around it, he's very tall, hopefully his knees will fit under it.  If not, he'll be getting a knee shaving.


Ach I'm having such a time with my e reader,  I may need to make a trip to my son's.  The geeks at the store had on WIFI and couldn't help me.  I followed instructions and still have no idea where the books I purchased are, in cyber space someplace, I presume. 



5 comments:

Vicki said...

You're always so busy with your projects and make me want to start one. I have no crafty bone in my body though, so I don't know where to start.

I can't believe it's still snowing and tomorrow is APRIL!! Unreal!

I've been having trouble with my Kindle. It doesn't want to turn on and when it does it doesn't want to sync the books I've recently bought. It's very frustrating!

Hope you have an awesome week!

Nise' said...

Great idea. I am so tired of snow too. We have a glimpse of spring with warmer weather today and tomorrow, then the possibility of more snow. Hope you figure out your eReader.

Carrie K. said...

It is way too late in the year for snow! I hope you see some warmer temperatures soon.

Leslie (Under My Apple Tree) said...

I use the Kindle App on my Nexus tablet and it's the only format where the books reliably show up just where I expect them.

I think the shoe feet are a great idea for a quirky piece of furniture. I'm sure the serious antique people will have a bad day just thinking about it! LOL

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

Oh how frustrating about your ereader! I hope that you're able to figure it out but it does sound like a great excuse to go visit your boy.

And decluttering. I've stalled. I'm supposed to be focusing on my kitchen but it's just so overwhelming. Good luck!

Happy Birthday

Happy birthday to my wonderful son,  it's bee 33wonderful years. Hope this year proves to be the best yet.