Monday, February 17, 2014

It's Monday What are You Reading...

 I saw this little meme on Trish's blog and she saw it at Silly Little Mischief and thought I'd follow  their  prompts and play along.


5 books I’ve recently added to my TBR pile


Zendoodle, Tonia Jenny and Amy Jones
 Joy of Zentagle, Suzanne McNeill, CZT
(you can see I'm on a new kick, well not new but ...)
 A Jew Must Die, Jacques Chessex
Graffiti Knight, Karen Bass
An Unmarked Grave, Charles Todd






5 books I’m planning to read (in the near future)

How the Light Gets In,  Louise Penny reading this now
The Ocean at the End of the Lane, Neil Gaiman and this
The Great Mutiny in India 1857, Christopher Hibbert
The Other Queen, Phillipa Gregory
The Red Queen, Phillipa Gregory


5 books I own but still haven't read
Troubled Daughters, Twisted Wives,  Sarah Weinman (a gift from my son, what's he thinking?)
Rin tin Tin, The Life and the Legend, Susan Orlean
A Prayer for Owen Meany, John Irving
Come, Tell Me How You Live,  Agatha Christie
Rose Under Fire, Elizabeth Wein







 5 books from series that I need to continue
 
Catching Fire,
Mocking Jay
The girl with the Dragon Tattoo
The Girl who played with Fire
The girl who kicked the Hornet's Nest




 5 soon to be released books that I’m looking forward to reading

I have to say that much like Trish, I don't really wait for books to be released, my book shelf is full, I don't really need to think of what's coming.  


Although these are due out soon:  The Book of Zentangle,  Rick and Maria, the originators of the Zentangle art form
                    The Long Way Home, Louise Penny
                     Hunting Shadows,  Charles Todd

so far that's it.

4 comments:

Leslie (Under My Apple Tree) said...

And I'm thinking, only 5 for each category? I think I have too many books!

Donna said...

I thought that A Prayer for Owen Meany was very funny, but it is dark humor.

Nise' said...

I listened to The Ocean At The End of the Lane and really enjoyed it. Have a great week.

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

I keep seeing Zentangle everywhere!!! If you draw any, please share. And Owen Meany is SO good. SO SO good. Glad you played along!

Happy Birthday

Happy birthday to my wonderful son,  it's bee 33wonderful years. Hope this year proves to be the best yet.