Monday, December 2, 2013

What's in a Name 2014

The What’s In A Name challenge, which has been hosted for the last few years by Beth Fish Reads, has now been taken over by Charlie at The Worm Hole for its seventh outing. It’s a challenge I’ve taken part in for the past few years. For this year, I got somewhat side tracked, and have one more book to read, but it's only the 1st of December.   The challenge runs from January to December 2014. During this time you choose a book to read from each of the following categories. I'm going to further challenge myself and say I must choose at least half from my shelf.  If I follow my choices below (in brackets) I've achieved at least one goal.
  • A reference to time
  • A position of royalty (The White Queen or Red Queen both on the pile)
  • A number written in letters(no choice made yet)
  • A forename or names (A Prayer for Owen Meany, or Rose under Fire,  Rin Tin Tin.)
  • A type or element of weather (Queen of the Summer Stars)
For full details and the sign up post go to The Worm Hole.


6 comments:

bermudaonion said...

That's such a fun challenge. Good luck!

Vicki said...

I've done this the last few years too, but always fall short of my goal by 1-2 books.

I don't want to do as many challenges this year, but I've said that every year for the last 5 yrs. so I doubt it works.

Nise' said...

Best of luck on this challenge. I am going to reduce my reading challenges for 2014.

Margaret @ BooksPlease said...

Good luck! I've got The White Queen unread too, maybe we can compare what we think.

Jenny said...

You could do Queen of the Summer Stars for the royalty and the weather! If you run short on time that is, dear Irene.

Charlie (The Worm Hole) said...

I'm having trouble finding books I have that would count that I didn't use as examples (my own person extra challenge). You've reminded me that I have The Red Queen too.

Looking forward to your posts!

Happy Birthday

Happy birthday to my wonderful son,  it's bee 33wonderful years. Hope this year proves to be the best yet.