Friday, December 13, 2013

Postcard Friendship Friday... A Christmas Welcome

a Christmas Welcome.  My friend Lois gifted me a little box of these wonderful cards, some are more than 100years old.  I particularly like the sentiments, so "different" from today's thoughts. At our home, my Mother's home, when we set the table on Christmas Eve, there was always and extra setting at the table for an unexpected/welcome guest, so this is a particularly appropriate card for me.

Beth Niquette hosts Postcard Friendship Friday.  Thanks Beth

8 comments:

VioletSky said...

I agree, poetry on Christmas cards seems to have vanished.

Annie said...

Lovely Irene..what a lovely gift, and card!

Vicki said...

Great gift! Your mom sounds like a very nice person!

Donna said...

I love it! I hope you share some more!

Jenny said...

I adore these precious old cards. How beautiful. I am so sorry to hear about your sister's illness, dear Irene. I promise I will pray for her, and for you. xoxo Merry Christmas

Beth Niquette said...

Oh, how lovely! I wanted to say, dear Irene--how much I appreciate your comments on the things I post. You are just a dear.

Happy Postcard Friendship Friday and Merry Christmas!!!

Beth Niquette said...

I just read what Jenny wrote about your sister. I, too will pray for her. My sisters are very dear to me--I know you must love her very much. ((hugs)) Lots of love and prayers headed her way and yours.

Elizabeth said...

What a wonderful gift.

ENJOY!!

Happy Birthday

Happy birthday to my wonderful son,  it's bee 33wonderful years. Hope this year proves to be the best yet.