Saturday, November 16, 2013

Sunday Salon...

Sunday Salon finds me REALLY tired.  We had lovely weather yesterday, so I decided to go out and clean up the leaves the messy willow had discarded.  MY pond was well sprinkled with the droppings.  I drained it somewhat and dipped my hands.... oooo  cold.  I scooped up as much as possible, without freezing.  Then covered it with a net, hopefully I'll be able to peel away the net capturing the remainder of the leaves.  And then Handy Andy came out with the leaf blower.  Should I send "I'm so sorry notes" to my neighbors.  Anyway the tulips are in, the irises are in, the pond is winterized, and Handy Andy is still alive and well.
  Last week I started to read Albert of Adelaide, slightly weird, not sure what I'm thinking yet, but I'm almost done.  What slowed me down, I had a long wait, and guess what I did, I took the wrong book to read.  How awful.  Up next, ???????????

5 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I tried that book on audio but didn't get too far. I hope you end up loving it.

Margaret @ BooksPlease said...

Seems like today would be a good day to rest! Leaves are always a problem - this year I may just let them lie there, although the ones that collect round the front door and the car (they're ankle deep there at the moment) will have to be moved.

Albert of Adelaide looks strange from the cover - are you enjoying it?

Carrie K. said...

You sound busy - and ambitious! We've been raking leaves at our house, too - glad it's almost done.

giorno26 ¸¸.•*¨*•. said...

Hi Irene...
come ben saprai Jake si è fidanzato con Alyssa Miller !!!
Ho gridato, ho pianto, ho battuto i pugni... ma i miei sforzi non sono valsi a nulla !!!
Jake si è impegnato definitivamente e mi ha abbandonata !!!!
Sigh!!!
Comunque, in Keanu ho trovato l'uomo dei miei sogni !!!!!!!!!!!!
Peccato che viva così lontano... per lui questa volta avrei divorziato da mio marito !!!!!
eh eh eh :)))))
Myriam

Jenny said...

Oh girl don't talk to me about leaf blowers. A few weeks ago our neighbor blew leaves ALL DAY. Big yard. Too much chaos for my simple mind, dear Irene.

Happy Birthday

Happy birthday to my wonderful son,  it's bee 33wonderful years. Hope this year proves to be the best yet.