Sunday, September 1, 2013

Sunday Salon...


 Sunday Salon finds me with a sore hip today, I've been ripping up sod/or what's left of it.  Handy Andy used excessive amounts of Killex on the "weeds" lawn, and thought lovely grass would sprout back.  Well it didn't, and I didn't really want to replace the lawn while I had workers digging and throwing dirt on it, so now the work is done, and reconstruction of the yard can begin.  It's a perfect day, cool no sun, but it looks like it might rain.

I'm almost finished the Postmistress, and I must say I'm feeling like Frankie Bard, with all that is happening in Syria.  My parents lived through WWII, my father was POW in Majdanek, and they were transported in one of those cattle train cars to Siberia.  Have we learned nothing? I guess not.   I'm reading this book for my Postal Reading Challenge.



It's back to school for my boys this week, (men) so it's a good thing.  I NEED to bake a cake today, something with chocolate.  I always feel like my hard work is rewarded if I can come in, make a pot of tea and enjoy a slice of something that's not so healthy for me.

I’m going…
To be sore, I'm sure, so going someplace may not play into the schedule. Although I feel I need to go to the High Park Area.

A favorite quote…
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
Winston Churchill 


Wendy's rocker, that I stripped and began a re-upholstery on, Wendy will finish it!
I dropped off some items,  Handy Andy has outgrown, to the Goodwill yesterday, and saw one of those gigantic rockers being donated.  I've dying to buy one just so I could rock on... but I always think of Edith Ann (Lilly Tomlin).

7 comments:

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

loved the Winston Churchill quote. I've never heard it before, but it gave me a life.

Vicki said...

Wow, thanks for sharing that about your mom and dad! This Syria stuff is scary for sure!

A chocolate cake sounds yummy about now. I love Lily Tomlin's Edith Ann. She cracks me up!!

Erica (Irene) said...

Great quote from Winston Churchill.....my family also lived through WW2...and most of my family did perish in Siberia. But my grandparents were lucky the Germans took them away to work the land....and they managed to come here.

kayerj said...

love the bus shot, I've always wanted to ride one of those.

Parabolic Muse said...

Edith Ann!!!

Did you make your cake? I know what you mean, except I'd have coffee.

Jenny said...

Oh dear Irene, I hope your hip is better. I too am plagued with hip pain and it's always worse at night, when I'm trying to sleep. Running from aggressive owls does not help. When Audrey was in junior high she entered a fine arts competition and won first place for doing an Edith Ann routine. She had the voice down pat.

Jenny said...

And that's the truth. LOL

Happy Birthday

Happy birthday to my wonderful son,  it's bee 33wonderful years. Hope this year proves to be the best yet.