Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Wordless Wednesday well not really...mushroom madness

Not only is this mushroom very very large it's growing in the crook of a tree.  Now if my boys and niece were little they'd say it's growing in the letter Y.  I've been thinking of the letter Y.  Arlene Linton taught me to paint forget me not's using the letter Y.  Love forget me nots.

P.S. painting a forget me not, you paint the two top Y strokes,pulling your stroke from top to center, rotate your piece, paint the tale end of the Y and then there is no other option but to fill in the remaining two spots.  Sometimes when painting a small flower it's hard to fit in the petals sort of evenly.   After that, you'll be doing your flower arrangements as well like that.  I did a wedding and my helpers could be heard repeating "letter Y" and rotate...

7 comments:

Margaret@BooksPlease said...

What a fantastic old tree!

Mow I'm intrigued - how do you paint forget me nots using the letter Y?

Donna said...

Both the tree and the mushroom are unusual! Neat shot!

Erica (Irene) said...

What an interesting tree and mushroom....would like to see how you would paint forget-me-nots using the letter "Y".?

Vicki said...

I wonder "Y" that mushroom is growing in the tree?

Sharon Wagner said...

I love mushrooms. I even have a board on pinterest devoted to them.

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

Now I want to see a picture of your Forget Me Nots!

bermudaonion said...

What an odd place for a mushroom to grow!

Happy Birthday

Happy birthday to my wonderful son,  it's bee 33wonderful years. Hope this year proves to be the best yet.