Friday, August 10, 2012

For Today a few days late.



FOR TODAY

Outside my window... It's raining, really raining, and cool.  We've left Haiti for sure.

I am thinking...my varnish is not going to dry in all this wetness.

I am thankful...for the cooler temp. and the rain, I don't have to water my weeds.

In the kitchen...egg salad sandwiches

I am wearing...church clothes,

I am creating...I'm almost finished my grand-niece's headboard.

I am going...to mass, and then to visit my homebound parishioners and then on to my mom's

I am wondering...is this the end of summer, I haven't gotten to the beach yet.

I am reading...Just finished, the Knife of Never Letting Go. not sure about this one. The Watch that Ends the Night next.

I am hoping...to find my mom in good spirits, I've been a negligent daughter this week and missed a couple of days.

I am looking forward to... a clean living room

I am learning... always

Around the house...a mess, but I'll get to it on Monday.

I am pondering...what will be my comfort read now that Maeve is gone.

A favorite quote for today...How much easier it is to be critical than to be correct. Benjamin Disraeli.

One of my favorite things...sleeping when it's raining, and I can hear it on my skylight.

A few plans for the rest of the week: it's Friday, Birthday Party for my grand niece who will be ONE.

A peek into my day...I'm off to mass, after the cable guy had come in and upgraded my cable, since the one that was there was not picking up the proper signal. (7:30a.m. today) then off to my 3 families, and my mom's and then back home with a rotisserie chicken and a Montreal Bagel. (doesn't that sound nutritious).

my next big project, I've already removed the drawers, I don't think I can do the chalk paint bit, I'm just too fussy on a perfect finish.  This is my scrapbooking cabinet. The five cubbys hold a 12 X12 Creative Memories  Power Sort perfectly and the drawers well just about everything else, other than paper.  I need to hide my cutting system, the cat loves to run around with the blades. Not too smart.
I know you know that for Today is hosted by a Simple Woman's Daybook on Tuesday, just didn't get to it this week. And I'm experiencing a postcard drought.  So no Postcard Friendship Friday.

2 comments:

bermudaonion said...

We've had a rainy, cool(er) week this week as well. It's been a nice relief from the heat.

Jenny said...

I would love a cool rainy day, dear Irene! And to share a great big cup of tea with you.

Happy Birthday

Happy birthday to my wonderful son,  it's bee 33wonderful years. Hope this year proves to be the best yet.