Sunday, March 11, 2012

Sunday Salon...

watching the tulips grow
Sunday morning usually finds me making omelettes and bacon and toast and stuff, it's the weekend breakfast-catch up with your kid morning, but this morning with losing an hour of  sleep we just had toaster strudel. I can't believe it's spring already, I'd just put away Christmas.  TODAY I must write Easter greetings to send off to Europe, and a few birthday greetings, and condolence cards I've forgotten about.  I usually have my painting projects grouped seasonally, but his year I'm reeeeallly behind.  I'll be continuing my reading of The Yellow House, after our deep discussion on Owen Sheridan and Eileen, I turned the page, and it was as if someone had smacked me up side the head. So now I NEED to know.  Roast Beef for dinner and the usual gigantic pot of soup for the weeks adventures.  It's March break here in Canada, so I'll be off for the week with friendship adventures.  I need a spring coat, so I'm hoping to get my sister to do a proper fitting on me, so I can continue, I think I may have grown since I last tried it on, it's been in the works for awhile, and my sewing group just don't know how to do it.  It's March so that also means I'll be continuing to read Irish Authors and since I still can't buy any books TBR challenge, I'll be reading all the Maeve Binchy novels I haven't read yet.  I'm helping to plan a mammoth book sale so once they've been read off the shelf they go.  I figure if I have more than one empty shelf, that will justify my purchase of a Kobo.  (which my Valentine didn't surprise me with). 

9 comments:

Jackie McGuinness said...

I'm curious about The Yellow House am adding it to my TBR list.
Since I was born in Ireland I love Irish writers.
Some I've read recently are Tara French, Adrian McKinty, John Brady (haven't enjoyed him as much lately), Anne Enright, Ken Bruen and I could go on and on.
Loved all the Maeve Binchy books as well.

http://junkboattravels.blogspot.com/2012/03/its-monday-what-are-you-reading.html

Jackie McGuinness said...

P.S. I forgot to mention I bought the Kobo Vox last month and love it.
I've done the same thing, been cleaning out books. Right now I am working my way through the TBRs on the shelves.

Vicki said...

I don't know anything about a Kobo, so I'm curious why you choose it over other readers.

We're having Lasagna and garlic cheese toast for dinner tonight. We've never been big soup eaters, but the last few months have eaten it quite a lot.

And...I'd follow you anywhere too!

Donna said...

It's one of those books that is difficult to put down! Mmm, have never heard of a Kobo. Perhaps that is an e-reader that is popular in Canada. In the states, it seems to be Kindle, Nook, and iPad that are the most popular for reading electronic books. I adore my Kindle. I read 10 times what I used to read ever since I got one! DH inherited my older one and I got a new last year. He's addicted to it too now!

Yes, spring in coming in really fast! Gosh, I better look at the calendar and figure out when Easter is!

Jenners said...

I hear you … Spring just snuck up on me and I'm not quite ready yet!

Beth Niquette said...

Hello, Irene! Thank you for joining us for Postcard Friendship Friday! To answer your question, after I scaned and sorted the cards and postcards I have from Grammie, I put them into photo albums. That seems to work well to protect them. I can also show them off a bit better than I could if they were in a box in my closet. lol Have a LOVELY day!

bermudaonion said...

I can't believe it's March already either.

giorno26 ¸¸.•*¨*•. said...

Grande questa immagine.
Mi piace molto il gatto che guarda fuori dalla finestra !!!
Ciao Irene, e buona serata :))
Myriam
Ps : Hai visto la mia libreria ?
Hai trovato qualche libro che ti possa piacere ?

Jennifer | Mrs Q Book Addict said...

I have the Kobo Vox and I really love it. Overall, it is a great reader. Is that a siamese cat?? I have two.

Happy Birthday

Happy birthday to my wonderful son,  it's bee 33wonderful years. Hope this year proves to be the best yet.