Thursday, January 5, 2012

The Best ever... of 2011

Jamie over at the Perpetual Page Turner put out this book survey, interestingly enough I need to really think about this one. 

1. Best Book You Read In 2011? 

Honestly, I hate myself for asking this question. HOW do you pick a favorite!? 
Child of The Northern Spring, was my most recent best ever, I love the idea of Camelot, but I also loved 13 rue St. Terese, and 84 Charing Cross.


 
2. Most Disappointing Book/Book You Wish You Loved More Than You Did?



Out Stealing Horses, it started out like a great page turner, but then it just fizzled for me, maybe it needs a follow up?
 The Scrapbook of Frankie Pratt, I just couldn't get into this one, read it from cover to cover but...

3. Most surprising (in a good way!) book of 2011?

  
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society, I just sort of glanced over the reviews of this book, but then when I opened the cover that was it, I needed to read it. I love books written in letter format, it's the federal offender (as my kids say, opening and reading someone elses mail)in me that thrives on it.

4. Book you recommended to people most in 2011?

 The Lonely Polygamist ( I think I read this at the right time, a time when polygamy was very much in the news, and we/I really know so little about those involved.) I had my painting group in stitches one day telling them about a particular part. "the gum incident" for those of you who have read it and if you haven't Why NOT?

5. Best series you discovered in 2011?

I'm not big on series, but the   Joshlyn Jackson books certainly caught me up. Back seat Saints, Gods of Alabama, Between Georgia.  But then again I started something with Child of the Northern Spring, waiting anxiously to read the next two.

6. Favorite new authors you discovered in 2011?

Deanna Raybourn, Silent in the Grave was the one that got me, I'll be reading a few more.


7. Best book that was out of your comfort zone or was a new genre for you?

  When you reach me, Rebecca Stead, and audio book.  My first.  I just don't do earbuds well. BUT I DID IT!

8. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2011?

   All of them...

9. Book you most anticipated in 2011?

  I don't really anticipate books, too many already on my shelves.

10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2011?

I loved the cover of 13 rue St. Terese, and Russian Winter, Coal Black Horses was great, as was  Emerald Atlas, I could go on.


No comments:

Happy Birthday

Happy birthday to my wonderful son,  it's bee 33wonderful years. Hope this year proves to be the best yet.