Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Teaser Tuesday...Emerald Atlas


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.Anyone can play along! Just do the following:



  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Here's my teaser: 
But then St. Mary's had burned down-along with the Mother Superior, a kind woman named Sister Agatha, who took a special interest in the children but who had a bad habit of smoking in bed...

The Emerald Atlas, by John Stephens.





I love this line, I don't know any smoking nuns, but a couple of priest I know.  Wouldn't that have made a great newspaper headline, "Smoking Nun burns down Orphanage".  Yet another thing that would be the Pope's fault.

7 comments:

Nise' said...

The teaser hooks you! Enjoy.

Kathy Martin said...

This one is on my next library order. I like the teaser and think the kids will too.

My teasers this week are from Tyger Tyger by Kersten Hamiton and from The Next Always by Nora Roberts. Happy reading!

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I now want to know more...more, please!

Thanks for sharing.

Here's MY TT POST and
MY WEBSITE

Anonymous said...

We have this one, but I just can't talk my daughter into reading it with me.

Karen and Gerard said...

This one sounds good; like your teaser!

http://ourstack.blogspot.com/2011/11/tuesday-teasers-dear-bully-and-mudbound.html

Vicki said...

Great teaser!! Definitely makes me want to read it!

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

Boo! I came looking for your A Little About Me Meme which showed up in my Google Reader. Loved that you noted that a paintbrush is the instrument you play. And love the quote from The Color Purple.

Happy Birthday

Happy birthday to my wonderful son,  it's bee 33wonderful years. Hope this year proves to be the best yet.