Monday, July 11, 2011

Mailbox Monday...

Since it’s Monday, it’s time to take a peek in my mailbox!  Mailbox Monday was created by Marcia of A Girl and Her Books and is being hosted by Gwendolyn of A Sea of Books this month.

I don't get a lot of books in the mail.  I'm really trying to read off my shelf and support my local library (not enough house). However, I got a wonderful surprise one day when I came home, there was a package on my counter a blogging friend dropped off:  Shonna from Canadian Bookworm reviewed  the Two Babushkas, some time back and it piqued my interest, she was kind enough to share it with me. I currently reading one of Shonna's other recommendations so I haven't started this one yet, but soon.






Photo of the book I own.

10 comments:

Mary said...

How nice of Shonna to send Two Babushkas. Enjoy!

Tribute Books Mama said...

Enjoy! your read.

http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/07/mailbox-monday-ugly-beauty-by-ruth.html

Kay said...

That was really nice. Hope you guys can manage as they get caught up on the strike. Must have been so frustrating!

Aisle B said...

Two Babushkas - now that is quite a title. I think of a Babushka as grandmotherly type. Going to look it up and hope you enjoy this like Shonna. :)

bermudaonion said...

What a fun surprise and what a great friend! Enjoy!

Susan (Reading World) said...

I'm trying to use my local library more often too. It's such a great resource, and I really don't need to own everything I read. Enjoy Two Babushkas!

Shonna said...

No problem. I've been buying some used books to cross off some books that have been on my list for a while and that my library doesn't have. Most of them I'll pass on to someone who is interested. (Although I prefer relatively local to save postage)

Laura Fabiani said...

I think surprise books given to us by blogger friends are more appreciated, don't you think? Thanks for visiting my blog!

Alyce said...

That's so sweet! I love getting surprises like that.

Creations by Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Oh, surprises in the mailbox are wonderful, aren't they? Two Babushkas sounds intriguing.

Have a great reading week, and thanks for visiting my blog.

Teaser Tuesday...Victoria Line, Central Line

I've been in a reading slump.  I swore in this 150th celebration of Canadian confederacy I would only read Canadian authors.  And I h...