Tuesday, July 19, 2011

For Today...

For today, hosted by the Simple women's Day Book, is no more.  I guess the simple woman found other things to do.  And while I never would have imagined myself not having anything to say on Tuesday, it was always the push I needed to get those little grey cells moving. So I hit Imagination Prompt Generation this was a past suggestion by Jenners( I think).
Love is...
was the prompt.  Well I can tell you.  Yesterday afternoon, I was at my mom's nursing home, (I'm not calling it long term care anymore, while it may be long term, the care part is questionable.) as I've mentioned before I'm the keeper of the books in the library, her room was quite warm so instead of doing my work there, I decided to load a cart and work in the library.  Well, I'm not usually there on Monday afternoon, so the library was quite a buzz.  A young lady was at the computer with a number of the residence and had set up email accounts for them and was reading them their mail.  Of course this generated conversation and the like. While she CHEERFULLY engaged the few she had wheeled in to do this with, her mom was sitting there, a little stressed, her mom is a resident there also.  I'm not sure what the health issue is, but this little girl (maybe 14, she looked more like 12) would go over and calm her mom down, and assure her things were o.k. and try desperately to engage her in the group.  My heart broke in a million pieces.  When this sweet little thing completed her volunteering with others, she collected her mom and put her in a comfy chair as she completed responses for these residences to those that wrote them.  Every other moment she snuggled her up.  Of course by now, I'm full blown balling, I had to leave the room, and my mom and I sat out in the main street area and continued our "perfect library" quest.  By the time I had calmed down the mom and her sweet little daughter had completed their tasks and the daughter wheeled her mom back to her area for dinner.    That's what LOVE is. I'll use Robert Munsch's words to let thing ring true for all...

“I’ll love you forever,
I’ll like you for always,
as long as I’m living
my mommy you'll be. 
While I found the Muncsh book a little creepy, I do love this part of it.

3 comments:

Nise' said...

That brought tears to my eyes too.

Jenny said...

Awwww, dear Irene. You have such a tender heart.

Parabolic Muse said...

How beautiful.
Thank you.

Happy Birthday

Happy birthday to my wonderful son,  it's bee 33wonderful years. Hope this year proves to be the best yet.