Thursday, February 3, 2011

When a bargain is not a bargain...OWOH

On the left a new rose, white, on the right the rose yellowed.
I make these rose angels for Christmas Trees.  The trick of course is to find a rose large enough to accommodate the porcelain body of the angel.  So I'm always on the look out.


Last July, yes July I spotted these lovely frosted roses that were not cheap, but were! I purchased them.  And as you may or may not recall I'm constantly organizing my work room.  I also bought a Rubbermaid ornament box to put these in to store in preparation for production.  Welllllllllllllll! Rubbermaid, what a disappointment, all my roses went really yellow. Needless to say I was not going to invest in a porcelain body for a rose that looked like that.  I'm so pi........off.  Neither of these items was really a bargain, and now I didn't have roses to work with.  sorry about that, that was going to be my OWOH giveaway. Now I'm not participating. But, there are a great number of participants so do check it out.
Perfect order, I thought.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Uh-oh. Sorry that didn't work out, dear Irene! I'm sure they would've been beautiful. You know how I feel about roses ...

Happy Birthday

Happy birthday to my wonderful son,  it's bee 33wonderful years. Hope this year proves to be the best yet.