Monday, February 21, 2011

Mailbox Monday...

I rarely participate in this meme hosted by Library of Clean Reading  , I truly try to Support My Local Library, it's a space thing, but this week was special.  I'm trying desperately to resume my walking,( even with my sore foot) so I walked to the book store.


I do a little book club for my grand nieces and nephew called D.E.A.R. time.  Drop everything and Read.  My kids loved it and I'm happy to say I raised readers, so I thought this would be the Christmas gift that keeps on giving.  So this weeks take is Beach, Freight Train, Sheep in a Jeep, Five little monkeys sitting in a tree, and a couple of Dr. Suess.  I carried them home, so now I need a new hip.

Today in Ontario it's "Family Day" not much is open.  So we're heading out to see our eldest son and have a meal together, if we find anything open.  Have  a good reading day.

5 comments:

Nise' said...

Happy Family Day!

bermudaonion said...

It would be dangerous for me if there was a bookstore in walking distance.

gautami tripathy said...

You got some great books! Look forward to read your reviews!

Here is my Monday: Mailbox/What Are You Reading?/Musings post!

Alyce said...

Those are lovely kids books! I remember that my oldest loved Sheep in a Jeep when he was younger.

Jenny the Pirate said...

I took a walk tonight! So proud of my lazy self. I wish my grands were here so I could read to them. That Allissa will bring you books until you're hoarse.

Saturday Snapshot... tea cup

This is a teacup my aunt Julia gave me,  it's very gold.  When we were very young, my sisters and brother and I, all went to Polish ...