Sunday, January 2, 2011

If Irish Eyes were smiling.

I've decided to participate in  the second annual Ireland Reading Challenge hosted by Books and Movies in the next week or so, Carrie will be posting a list of suggested titles and authors to help with your challenge.
For those of you interested in joining me in the challenge, here are the details:
~ The challenge runs from January 1, 2011 to November 30, 2011.
~ Any books read for this challenge can also apply to other challenges you are working on.
~ Re-reads are allowed.
~ Any book written by an Irish author, set in Ireland, or involving Irish history or Irish characters, counts for the challenge – fiction, non-fiction, poetry, audiobooks, children’s books – all of these apply.
~ Choose your commitment level:
Shamrock level: 2 books
Luck o’ the Irish level: 4 books
Kiss the Blarney Stone level: 6 books
~ Write up a post indicating that you are participating (feel free to copy the lovely graphic at the top of this post), and then add your challenge post’s link to the Mr. Linky on the main challenge page.
~ You don’t have to list your books ahead of time – just have fun reading throughout the year.
~ I will put up a page for the challenge in my left sidebar, and add a Mr. Linky for reviews and wrap-up posts.
~ Everyone who fulfills their challenge level and writes at least one review is eligible for the giveaway prize at the end of the challenge: a copy of Tipperary by Frank Delaney. Wrap-up post and giveaway details will go up at the beginning of December, which is why the challenge ends on November 30th.

My level is going to be Shamrock Level and I haven't decided what to read yet, Pssst I'm sure Maeve Binchy will be on that list.  There will also be a read-a-long in March.  Looking forward to it. In my library adventures I do put a four leaf clover on the spines of the books written by Irish authors. My husband's cousin was stationed in Ireland during his time in the military and boy did he bring home some lovely antiques. So I'm thinking an antiques book?

2 comments:

Carrie K. said...

Welcome to the challenge! I look forward to hearing about what you're reading. :)

Jenny said...

Irene, if you do not own a copy of Maeve Binchy's book entitled Quentins, let me know and I'll be happy to send it to you!

Happy Birthday

Happy birthday to my wonderful son,  it's bee 33wonderful years. Hope this year proves to be the best yet.