Monday, July 12, 2010

Monday Musing


This week’s musing asks…

Can you read amidst distractions? (tv, others talking, sporting events, etc.

I can only read with a certain amount of distraction. If the book is captivating I think I can read it anytime, anywhere. However, if it's just and o.k. book than distractions are very prominent and I need to put it down. I can't read on a bus, but on a train no problem. I've begun reading with the TV going, since there really is nothing on anyway. I need a calm environment, I find if my husband is home and rushing around it just doesn't do it for me. I need to have him otherwise occupied, after all I'm reading for pleasure and relaxation. I'm still struggling with audio books, it just doesn't do it for me. But I must learn, it's real hard learning new trick for this old dog.

Monday Musing is hosted by Should be Reading.

5 comments:

gautami tripathy said...

I can read through any kind of distractions!

Mondays: Whereabouts/Musings/Mailbox

Diane O. said...

I used to be able to read and study with music and such but not anymore. I generally read a book in quiet. I can read the newspaper and some magazine articles with noise. I listen to audio books when I walk but I can listen to them and do other things.

Jenners said...

Once I had my child, I realized I would have to learn to read with distractions or I wasn't going to ever get to read!!! : )

Lori said...

I prefer the quiet. But, I will listen to soft music via headphones, to help me focus on the book more if there is alot of noise around. Here's mine.

Jenny said...

I like audio books but only if I'm driving -- alone -- on a long trip. At home I need a relatively quiet environment in order to get the most out of my book! I put earplugs in if my husband is watching TV because he keeps it too loud and changes channels too often. Major distraction unless the book has me mesmerized.

Happy Birthday

Happy birthday to my wonderful son,  it's bee 33wonderful years. Hope this year proves to be the best yet.