Sunday, February 7, 2010

The Birth House

Take Another Chance Challenge

Challenge 9: Same Word, Different Book (worth 2 entries)
Find two books that have the same word in the title. Read both books and write about them. (Worth 2 entries because you have to read two books).

Example: If you pick the word "Love," you could read any two books that both have Love in the title. To help you find books that have the same word, you could go to Amazon.com, type a word into the Search box and see what books come up with that word.

The word I chose is HOUSE. Oddly enough the subject matter I chose in both these books is similar.




My thoughts;

I loved it. The characters are very real. I think it took me quite into the middle of the book to sort of predict who Dora would end up with. I loved that this was a story of a Canadian experience,with real time included in the time line, (I really need to read more Canadian Authors, since I'm the mother of one) I know the research must have been extensive, certainly it was believable. Two thumbs up for this read.

No comments:

Happy Birthday

Happy birthday to my wonderful son,  it's bee 33wonderful years. Hope this year proves to be the best yet.