Wednesday, December 23, 2009

A-Z Wednesday "T" Tender is the Night

When my youngest son went to grade one, thus an all day program, I joined a painting group, We all gathered at Leslie's home at the time, and she courageously lead us up many a painting adventure. Of late, we've been gathering at a Community Centre, we now call ourselves "different strokes", we not only paint and chat, we also do a book exchange. I guess we are all in the same predicament with space, and downsizing. Since I began the A-Z Wednesday Challenge the group is following along trying to find books with the letter of the week, or at least I should say Lois and Ruth and I. When I found this one I thought hmm " I haven't read F.Scott Fitzgerald for awhile."


Synopsis:
Tender is the Night is a story set in the hedonistic high society of Europe during the "Roaring Twenties". A wealthy mental patient, Nicole Warren, falls in love with Dick Diver - her psychiatrist. The resulting saga of the Divers trouble marriage and their circle of friends, includes a cast of aristocratic and beautiful people, unhappy love affairs, a duel, incest and the problems inherent in the possession of great wealth. Despite cataloguing a maelstrom of interpersonal conflict. Tender is the night has a poignancy and warmth which springs from the quality of F. Scott Fitzgerald writing and the tragic personal experiences on which the book is based.

I was always put off with F. Scott Fitzgerald's works, I'm not sure why, quite probably I found them so troubled and I was way too young to understand, so maybe a OLDER look at them again may bring me new opinion.

Well you guessed it today is yet another instalment of A-Z Wednesday the letter "T"

Welcome to A-Z Wednesday!!

To join, here's all you have to do: Go to your stack of books and find one whose title starts with the letter of the week.

Post:

1~ a photo of the book

2~ title and synopsis

3~ link(amazon, barnes and noble etc.)

4~ Come back here and leave your link in the comments.

If you've already reviewed this book you can add it also.

Be sure to visit other participants to see what book they have posted and leave them a comment.

(We all love comments, don't we?)

Who knows? You may find your next "favorite" book.

THIS WEEKS LETTER IS: "T "

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I haven't read many of F. Scott Fitzgerald's books but it does sound interesting.

Happy holidays!

Here's my letter T book

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Oh, it's been ages since I read any of his work! I must rectify that right away!

Beth said...

I haven't read any of F. Scott Fitzgerald's books, but I believe I wouldn't like them very well. Here is my "T" post.

me again said...

It was ages ago when I read this, but I like Fitzgerald and I remember liking this one. It's a good choice for T!
==lennie==

gautami tripathy said...

I loved this classic!

A-Z Wednesday: Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe

Happy Birthday

Happy birthday to my wonderful son,  it's bee 33wonderful years. Hope this year proves to be the best yet.