Wednesday, September 9, 2009

A-Z Wednesday "E" East


Welcome to A-Z Wednesday!!

To join, here's all you have to do:
Go to your stack of books and find one whose title starts with the letter of the week.
Post:
1~ a photo of the book
2~ title and synopsis
3~ link(amazon, barnes and noble etc.)
4~ Come back here and leave your link in the comments
If you've already reviewed this book you can add it also.
Be sure to visit other participants to see what book they have posted and leave them a comment.
(We all love comments, don't we?)
Who knows? You may find your next "favorite" book.
THIS WEEKS LETTER IS: E

My choice this week is "East" Edith Pattou.

Rose is the youngest of seven children, meant to replace her dead sister.

Maybe because of that, she's never really fit in.


photo of the book I own.
I've only just begun to read this book, but already I'm not wanting to put it down, no blood and gust and not a whole lot of sex, (I suppose there was, since she's the seventh child) and I quite like that. This was to be part of my "Compass Challenge", I just got started extremely late." So it's now just an enjoyable journey. Have a great A-Z Wednesday.



photo of the book I own.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Sounds interesting!!

Thanks for playing!

Nise' said...

Beautiful cover. Is this a YA book?

I post my link in the comments this way: After posting I highlight the link of the post and open up a new post box, typing "My post here" then highlighting it, clicking on the little green link icon and copying my post link into the box and then I copy the entire sentence and paste it in the comments. Does that make any sense? Not sure on the "correct" language to use.

me again said...

Do you want the html coding? Just in case, here it is:

First, type the left-pointing arrow above the comma

<

Next, type the letter a, followed by a space, then the letters href

a href

then type an equals sign

=

then type quotation marks

"

then either type out the link or paste it in if you've copied it.

After you do that, type closing quotation marks

"

Then, type the right-pointing arrow (above the period)

>

After that, type what you want to call the link, such as MY ENTRY or GO HERE or whatever.

Then type the left-pointing arrow again

<

then type the forward slash (below the question mark)

/

Now type the letter a

a

And, finally, type the right-pointing arrow

>

And you're done! Please note that in the entire string of text, there is only space (at the beginning after you type the letter a).

Here is what it looks like, WITH CURLY BRACKETS substituted for the arrows, because if I used the arrows you wouldn't actually see code, you'd just see the link.

{a href="linkcode"}LINKNAME{/a}

If that's clear as mud let me know :-)

==lennie==

me again said...

I really should proofread before I publish! I meant to say:

Please note that in the entire string of text, there is only ONE space (at the beginning after you type the letter a). However, when you name the link, you can put spaces in if you wish (meaning, you don't have to call it MYLINK, you can call it MY LINK ..... hope this helps!!

Irene said...

Thanks Lennie.

Anonymous said...

I've never heard of this one. It looks good.

Happy Birthday

Happy birthday to my wonderful son,  it's bee 33wonderful years. Hope this year proves to be the best yet.