Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A-Z Wednesday... The Alchemist


Today is ABC Wednesday,(well it's really Tuesday, but I'm posting early) I hooked onto this site because it drives me to read, instead of watching wayyyyyyyyy too much T.V. and since there is nothing worth watching... So here's how it goes. Reading at the Beach is hosting an ABC Wednesday check it out.

Todays letter is A. My book is Alchemist, The. (I'm a library techy so the is not a significant part of the title, or at least I'm not letting it be today)

This story , is about a Shepherd boy named Santiago who travels from his homeland in Spain to the Egyptian desert in search of a treasure buried in the Pyramids. Along the way he meets a Gypsy woman, a man who calls himself king, and an alchemist, all of whom point him in the direction of his quest.

This short book is one, my son passed on to me for some unknown reason, but it's todays quest or should I say tonight's quest. I love reading the books my kids read, (they are really men now) just so we can have something more than chores to talk about at the dinner table.

I really enjoyed this short read, no sex, no real violence, just old fashion treasure hunt. It's celebrating it's 10th anniversary and it should celebrate. 
photo of the book I own.


No comments:

Happy Birthday

Happy birthday to my wonderful son,  it's bee 33wonderful years. Hope this year proves to be the best yet.