Sunday, May 31, 2009

Sunday thoughts...



I had such good intentions on Saturday, I made myself a list of what to do on Sunday. One of the things was I was going to do was to sleep in till 8a.m. Well I don't know what happened to my mentally challenged cat but he decided it was time to get up at 6:30 a.m. and shutting him outside my bedroom door did not stop him. Once I was up and he had his teaspoon of milk, he went back to bed, and I look like something the cat woke up. I tried to go back to sleep but then my husbands alarm with his "word" for the day went off. So I got up, started breakfast and lunch and supper did the dishes and headed off to mass. I volunteer at our church one Sunday a month, and that was today, so I didn't come home until 3p.m. and then I crashed. Now after sleeping through Columbo, I'm up and making supper for tomorrow. I thought Sunday was supposed to be a day of rest! I had planned on playing with paper. Now I'm deciding what to wear to the annual "freshly squeezed boob" examination. And then I'm sure nothing will fit my body so I'll just go to sleep not having accomplished all that much, nothing to check off my list that I made yesterday. Sometimes I feel like a hamster on a wheel.

2 comments:

Annette said...

first off, does my blog appear yellow with some gray flowers on the side? or..is it all gray? I'm hoping the yellow thingy, I know exactly how you feel about the cat waking you up, mine does every morning an 1 hour before I'm suppose to get up, no wonder I'm so dang sleepy by mid morning! I feel for you :)
I know anymore Sunday's feel like Monday through Saturday to me, just all combined in one day, and it's not a day of rest for me either, laundry, wiping down bathrooms again, some grocery shopping, gassing up the car for the week, well you get the picture uh? You rest well my friend....
Hugs~
Annette

Joni said...

Most days I feel like a hamster in a wheel...but Sunday is the day I replenish those inner workings so I can get through the next week...Sunday is for rest my friend, everything else can wait until Monday...and the funny thing-half the "to do" list disappears by then! Have a joy filled week ~

Happy Birthday

Happy birthday to my wonderful son,  it's bee 33wonderful years. Hope this year proves to be the best yet.