Thursday, April 23, 2009

That is that for the cat!

Well after three intense classes on cats it was time for a little "cheesy". I don't remember why I took this class, it must have been all those cravings I'm "still" having. You know how my sister thought I might be pregnant. Well here's the baby.
This was painted with that new technique in "Genisis Paints' they are heat set. I think that is what attracted me to the class. When you take on a project with a whole new set of paints, the cost can be quite high. So I think I was thinking I should take a class where the palette was included just to see if I like it. Uh, it's o.k. I don't think I'm investing in it just yet. I'm not sure about the baby, I think I might be adopting it out. Yes, I did paint the baby. It seems this is the latest craze. The raw materials for these babies is unassembled, unpainted plastic. First you pour in some purple paint so that the skin is somewhat veiney, then the application of several, probably five or more layers of skin tones and veins are painted in, all of this heat set between layers, the lips, the eyes and toe nails have a glaze, (I put eyelashes on as well), and a french manicure. We didn't get into hair, apparently that is a whole 'nother ball game. Then we put silica sand in the head, and limbs, and butt to make the baby floppy, and assembled, dressed and viola! we were done in just six hours. Most of the other ladies carried their baby around for the remainder of the day, I plopped mine into my "Carmi bag" and went on, I'm not sure about this at all.

1 comment:

Leslie Jane Moran said...

Okay, now I'm confused. You didn't paint the baby right???!!! :)

Happy Birthday

Happy birthday to my wonderful son,  it's bee 33wonderful years. Hope this year proves to be the best yet.