Sunday, December 7, 2008

Look what I got ....


Well the Holly Jolly Christmas Show was great! I couldn't decide what to buy. The photo insert is a creation by Sharon Ginsberg. It's a lovely little box/bag for a journal. Remember how I said I was going to leave little surprises for people packing up my house when I no longer live here, well this one is for someone special I'm sure it will be obvious who should read the journal inside. I wish I could figure out how to upload the opposite side of the box so you could see the fabulous fish swimming by. Sharon did a great many little surprises in this creation, the picture does not do it justice. I'll be posting the other goodies other days this week. You see you go to shop for gifts and then can't part with your purchases. But that's how it is. And it seems I've even won something, how exciting.

5 comments:

Sharon said...

Thank you, Irene, for the compliments on the box. I'm glad it went to you because it was one of my favourites and I know it will find a good home. Love your profile (natural blonde living in Mississauga). I need to come up with something clever...

Susan Williamson said...

I was wondering where my bag had gone. I went back to buy it, and lo and behold, I discovered that someone else with good taste had snapped it up!

Annette said...

leaving a little surprise for the people who pack up your house, what a neat thing, when my husband and I sold our first home, I left all the manuals to the appliances and keys, and a little note saying "I hope this home gives you as much joy, found memories, and love like it did for us, but its time to move into something a little bigger" then I sent them a welcome bouquet of flowers! I just love doing that kind of stuff.
Hugs to you on this cccccold night here in Calif.
Annette

Joni said...

I remember one time when I was a little girl I got this brilliant idea to write out a journal entry onto a page with all the members of my family listed and then I tucked it away behind an antique picture of The Lord's Last Supper...I don't know whatever happened to the picture or if anyone ever found it, but I'd like to think someone years later thought it was pretty neat.

Kids do weird stuff.

The little journal keeper is cute and will make a nice surprise ~

Anonymous said...

Irene, The floor is shining and I am ready to dance New Years eve or any time you visit.

Happy Birthday

Happy birthday to my wonderful son,  it's bee 33wonderful years. Hope this year proves to be the best yet.