Sunday, October 26, 2008

Mmm... good


I'm up early on Sunday morning and thinking of what to cook, when I look in the fridge I see I still have some cranberries left over from Thanksgiving. Here is a recipe I like to use up my cranberries with.

Cranberry-orange chicken

1 tbsp. butter (oil)*
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1 tsp. cornstarch
½ cup water
1 tbsp. orange juice concentrate*
½ tsp curry powder
¼ tsp. each salt and ground blk. Pepper
½ c. cranberry sauce

Melt butter (* I prefer to use a little oil) in large, non stick frying pan over medium –high heat. Add chicken. Cook until lightly golden, 3 min. per side. In a bowl, stir cornstarch with water. Stir in orange juice concentrate, curry powder, salt and pepper. Remove chicken to plate. Pour orange mixture into pan.*I like to add a little Cointreau , here Stir in cranberry sauce until melted and mixture is bubbly. Reduce heat to medium-low. Return chicken to pan. Cover and simmer, turning occasionally, until chicken is springy when pressed, 8- 14 min. If sauce is too thin, remove chicken, then boil, stirring often until as thick as you like. Great with rice, green beans and extra cranberry sauce on the side. Serves 4.

Enjoy!
 

1 comment:

Leslie Jane Moran said...

I had some home-made cranberry sauce left. I only had chicken thighs. I had none of the oj concentrate, so I substituted a whole lot of Grand Marnier! I didn't have curry, so I left it out. Basically, what I made has very little to do with your recipe, except for the cranberry sauce and the chicken, although, even there, not the same. It was DELICIOUS. Thanks for the inspiration. The liqueur is the best part :)

Happy Birthday

Happy birthday to my wonderful son,  it's bee 33wonderful years. Hope this year proves to be the best yet.