Sunday, August 17, 2008

Sign of the time?

As we end the summer, we are getting back to school. And like the song says "it's the most wonderful time of the year". Don't get me wrong, I love my boys, I love being around them, I even liked, no maybe not like, tolerated going to all those wacky animal days with lizards and snakes, now it's cars and strange movies they are into. But come Labour day my life NEEDS to get back to routine. I can list the things I intended to do during the summer and didn't get done because... But then again I'm much older than those lizard days and they are men now. Or so the law tells me. One of my two is going out on his own this year. I was very upset with the news at the beginning, but by now I'm packing him up. My friend Leslie said mother nature has a way of getting you ready for this day, and she was right. I wish I was a student today. I know judging by the homework that my son does I sure could have been an engineer. I don't remember ever going to a pub night. My budget was so tight, my school load so great that I don't remember sleeping first year. By third year I had run low on funds and had to get a second part-time job and still did everything else. Did I mention that my parents expected me home every weekend to help out. But my son needs to schedule school into the social calendar. I really think he should just be a professional date. He is cute, and polite and much like his dad likes to party. The other one is scheduling his availability for work around the fall line up on TV. So... So forgive me if I seem wild this morning, but it is almost the most wonderful time of the year and I can't help but feel a little jovial.

No comments:

Happy Birthday

Happy birthday to my wonderful son,  it's bee 33wonderful years. Hope this year proves to be the best yet.