Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Raining again...

There is something about continuous rain that gets people down, and we ought to get out from under. I've been trying. Once again sorting and cleaning is on my agenda. I've been working on my heritage pictures. I came across a letter my sister Barb and I had written to our uncle in the states (not mailed, just written) we were on a great high and thought he could help us with our genealogy. The date on the letter is July 20, 2006. I didn't even know I had it. I assumed Barb had mailed it. I was thinking he didn't want to help. Now I'm afraid he may not be able to. His health has changed considerably. The moral of the story is, mail every letter you write, and don't wait to talk to someone it might be too late. It is much the same story with my mom, she always meant to write down where she and my dad traveled throughout the war, it never happened. As my dad has now been dead for 30yrs. and my mother is no longer able to give the information the attention to make it accurate, that avenue into our family history is closed.We can only go on what history recorded for us, and some tidbits of information we got during late night sewing. (My mother was a dressmaker and made us help her when she was running late on a project, to keep us awake she would tell us these very dramatic life situations.)

See what happens when it rains, you clean and find all these things that lead yet in another direction. I haven't lost my way, I just don't want to clean anymore. Now that we have been talking about rain, I can only think of a song by Roberta Flack,... raining again I ought to get out from under. Now that's another mess to clean up (albums many many albums.)

No comments:

Happy Birthday

Happy birthday to my wonderful son,  it's bee 33wonderful years. Hope this year proves to be the best yet.